Thursday, July 07, 2005

It's Time To Admit

Well it's time for me to admit that I had decided to do a little "experiment." Please notice that I am not doing trying to stir up craziness, cause mass hysteria, or make a mass-following. With the amazing coming of fake Revolution rumors, I decided to see the "gullibility" of people (if that is even a word lol). For a while there had been an explosion in "Revolution Ads" circling the net. Then there was also the whole Deeper_Throat thing. Now instead of creating my own thing, I decided to follow others and took a shot of it myself. Remember Revolution Ad 8 on Revolution Rumors? Well I created it. I started the spread on Nintendo Forums, saying it was sent to me by a Mysterio729@yahoo.com. It wasn't, in fact, I was Mysterio729@yahoo.com. I wanted to start a Deeper_Throat type crytptic message thing seeing how many people I could get to believe. My plan went wrong at one part though. Don't ask how or why, but after emailing one person from the Nintendo Forums, my yahoo email account was shut down... I have no clue why, but it was. I even made the email seeing if you could link it to me. You might have seen me on the net at other places, whether it be on AIM or on G4 forums. Many times I go by the name ElChibo, like I am now. I made a game named Adventure Saga that I spread in those areas which contained a character named Mysterio. The digits 729. Well move one number right on your keyboard for each number. You get 830, part of the 83088 seen in my Nintendo Forums screen name. I had created the ad in Paint Shop Pro, creating it completely by free hand, because all previous ads werent of as good quality. I then printed it out, took a picture with my cell phone camera, and spread it. Surprisingly, it made it onto Revolution Rumors in 7 minutes after posting it on Nintendo Forums, and I didn't even tell RR about it. I have the original high-res form of the ad originally made in Paint Shop Pro, and the non-cropped cell phone image taken, which shows a little bit more on the left and right where you could see the top of a storage bin which the ad was sitting on when I took the picture haha.
I hope no one is angry or offended for me doing this. I myself even believe many rumors, I believed Deeper_Throat, SeriousGamer, Aries, and some of the earlier ads, to a certain extent. This just shows that, don't believe everything you see. But of anything, if you must take some more serious than others, than choose original leaks of information. My "leaked" information was only copying Deeper_Throat and previous Revolution ads. The fakers out there arent likely to be orginal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google