Friday, January 27, 2006

Full Auto Demo On Xbox Live Marketplace

Earlier today, Sega unleashed it's demo of Full Auto on the Xbox Live Marketplace for the public to play. I downloaded the demo expecting a very good game, but my thoughts were mixed. One of the first noticeable things was the frame rate. The game never runs at a smooth 60 fps. Once in a while in a thin corridor/tunnel the game will reach 60fps, but back into action and you'll be steady 40fps area, with drops to 20 I would say. Hopefully this will be addressed in the final version. The graphics are nice, but I'm expecting much more out of an Xbox 360 only title. Next was the action. If action racing was a bit hit with Burnout, why not pop on some weapons? It should be better, but I find it not to be. I originally loved the idea, but it's very distracting to try and aim a weapon while trying to drive at high speeds and avoiding obstacles. It's just too much. Having your car as the weapon in a game like Burnout 4 is much better, as you're only focusing on one thing to control, your car. Full Auto is nice, but no where near to what I was expecting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google