Thursday, July 07, 2005

Nintendo ON: Behind The Castle

One of the most convincing parts of the Nintendo ON video is the use of the Mario 64 castle. I had always thought that it was the same castle, and the camera movements, but I became to think, maybe they werent the same? So here we go with another Following Revolution exclusive: Nintendo ON: Behind The Castle. I have gotten ahold of a video of Mario 64 from a speed run that was in no way altered, and the Mario 64 castle section of the Nintendo ON video. I popped em into Adobe Premiere Pro and made it into a dual video. You can download the video here:

NON-BehindCastle

You can tell which is the real Mario 64 for it has a Lakitu in it. You can tell the audio is different and doesn't match up with the scene because I left both audios in playing at the same time and you can hear certain parts repeat and play off key. This is mistake number one. Another noticeable part is when the camera gets closer to the ground, you can see that the real Mario 64 enviroment is bigger, and the trees are spaced further apart. Next is that the whole camera movement is all off, its not the same at all like I, along with many others, had thought. Finally, look closely at the castle, I looked mainly at the bricks, they dont match up, and some dimensions look slightly different (please note that the Mario 64 clip is a little stretched). I'm amazed at the texture similarity. This was done almost to perfection.

So it turns out it wasn't the same. Other people argue that, what about the NES commercial!? That's not hard to get. It looks like it was taken off a VHS tape. Plus I remember a site out there where you can download old game commercials, I just don't remember the address. Even still though, the rest of the video is still professional extreme. Even to recreate the Mario 64 scene that well. Either the Nintendo ON video has an importance in the N-Game, or the guy did not make this in a week. I'm not sure what to think now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google