Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Revolution Exposed?

A new blog has made its way to the net and it goes by the name of Exposing The Revolution. Its been around for some time, but I've never actually taken a good look at it. After reading more, this guy seems to know a lot about the controller. He has even seen a tech demo of it. Now his description of the controller is much more like a GameCube controller, and very different from the controller that SeriousGamer has talked about, along with the scans out of a magazine. Imagine a GameCube controller, move the Z to below the R button, and make it a trigger, and add one on the right. Buttons ABXY are still very similar, except that the shape is just barely different. The C Stick is replaced with a trackball, which I guess we could call the C ball. The main analog stick is lower down, and larger which sounds more like the DualShock 2's analog, which sounds a lot better. He also then adds that the controllers will be chargable through the GameCube controller ports. There will be gyro technology in the controller. Haptic feedback is also there as well. After reading it, I'm confused though if there is pressure sensitivity though, like how hard you squeeze the controller or something. Read about everything at his blog. I added a link to it on the right side of this page.

What I think about it? I was starting to think that the other controller floating around was real, but this one seems to make more sense. It would most likely be cheaper to make, easier to pick up and play, and more. Only thing that it looks like it would take getting used to playing N64 games on it, unless they make the Z triggers in the back correct, which I'm sure they would. After all, I have a GameCube to USB converter to use my GC controller on my computer, and with even old NES emulators, I like using the analog to control them and have no problem with it. I just like the addition of a D-Pad for some rare occasions of wanting, but also a nice way of adding four more buttons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google